When deciding on a relevant Title I needed to consider the connection of the theme of the Magazine in contrast with the name. This then would help me eliminate any irrelevant Title Ideas.
The Raver- I feel this magazine title is powerful in representing individuality and the Rock genre but does not compliment the Indie and Folk Genres. The term "raver" may be misleading to the target audience as it does not connect to the entire combination of Genres that the Magazine entails. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be an image of a crowd at a festival/ Gig.
Chorus- When attempting to connect the title with the genres my initial reaction to this title name would be a Classical Genre rather than, Indie, Rock and Folk. This therefore eliminates the idea for my Magazine cover.
Rebellion- The title name was inspired by Kerrang. I feel the name represents Indie and rock but with relevant captions could portray the Folk Genre also. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be an image of a Rock band with a red and black colour scheme.
Treble-My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be sounds of high notes and chimes. This is irrelevant to my theme and Genres so I therefore will not develop it or research it any further.
Folk- I feel this title could suit all three genres with a suitable bold font to represent Rock. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be an image of and Artist with a unique rock-style dress sense holding a relevant instrument, such as Guitar.
AQ stick- This title idea is representing "Acoustic" but with an individual appearance. I feel this is of risk as to make it successful it would need to compliment the front cover images and colour scheme as well as suiting the genres. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be unknown as I wouldn't understand the hidden connotations.
WWI- The abbreviation WWI stands for "We Want Indie" this idea was inspired by current successful magazines such as GQ and NME. I feel this title could compliment all three Genres. My initial reaction to this title name is unknown so there would have to be relevant fonts used to provide a mental image.
DISC-My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be an image of the item itself , a CD, depending on which font is used it could either compliment the three genres or clash completely.
Indie- The versitility of the appearance of the title could be developed and altered such as; In-D or indi3 to make it more unique and modern. I feel Indie is a perfect balance between both Rock and Folk so suits all three genres. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be an image of Indie fashion, this would be needed to take into concideration when doing my cover shoot.
FOLK 360- The use of numbers is to explore a unique new selling point. This would be a risk and would need further research before I could develop it further. My initial reaction to this title name as a reader would be a radio station.
No comments:
Post a Comment