Even through my research was focussed on Double Page Imagery, I also discovered the use Drops cap to lure attention towards the context of the spread.
This Lily allen spread has a dominating image, but also dominating text, there is a balance between the two but little space left for the spread itself with an unclear drops caps.
This spread caught my attention due to the power of attention on the main image being focussed elsewhere to the vibrant turquoise highlighting and various promotion along side the spread content. I had not seen this on previous spreads but feel that it draws attention away from the spread meaning I will not include this on my spread.
This Lady Gaga spread caught my attention due to its power and poise of imagery in contrast to text, the layout is simple yet affective and similar to my double page spread layout. After seeing how successful a simple layout can be with a powerful image, this clarifys that sometimes less is more.
The Vaccines spread caught my attention due to the minor shapes and lines throughout the spread, the use of creatvity compliments the image and text providing an urban edge. I will therefore concider this for my spread.
Overall, my research shows that my use of Imagery is successful in having my main image taking up one page, or slightly over taking the second if need be and my text on the second page, with creative factors on both pages that personalise the spread.

No comments:
Post a Comment