Who would be the audience for your media product?
In order to identify a Niche Market I had to do a excessive amount of research as this would be crucial when constructing my Magazine. Not only did I use internet based sources, I explored existing magazines, Uk Tribes, current statistics as well as the general public. These sources then helped me to identify my specific market who answered series of questionnaires to provide me with a detailed insight into what my audience look for in a music Magazine. With my initial audience being both male and female aged 16-19, I then altered this due to further research by not providing a set age range and the identification of my niche market being selected by style and taste rather than age.
In order to attract my audience I needed to first identify it. Therefore I researched on UK Tribes in which provided me with an outline of the Stereotypes whom my Magazine would appeal to.
According to my research my Target audience would be the " Indie Scenesters" and their physical appearance and attributes would be ( based on survey results from 2007);
Wearing:
According to my research my Target audience would be the " Indie Scenesters" and their physical appearance and attributes would be ( based on survey results from 2007);
Wearing:
Foppish, floppy haircut
Waistcoat
Thick rimmed glasses
A lovely coiffeured fringe (on both boys and girls)
Cardigan
Stripy T-shirt
Bleached hair for the girls
Tight jeans, maybe white?
Pork-pie hat
Braces
Harrington-style jacket
Long on top, short on the sides hair-cuts
Converse or winklepicker shoes
Waistcoat
Thick rimmed glasses
A lovely coiffeured fringe (on both boys and girls)
Cardigan
Stripy T-shirt
Bleached hair for the girls
Tight jeans, maybe white?
Pork-pie hat
Braces
Harrington-style jacket
Long on top, short on the sides hair-cuts
Converse or winklepicker shoes
Girls - lumps of hair removed in unexpected places on head
Carrying:
Carrying:
Canvas bag on shoulder (preferably Rough Trade branded)
7 inch by their favourite band
7 inch by their favourite band
Ipod
CDR of their own demo
Pouch of rolling tobacco
CDR of their own demo
Pouch of rolling tobacco
In order to identify if my media product represented the intended social group, I asked a member from my target audience to explore the front cover and identify what attributes represent the indie/rock/folk genre of magazine. I then asked her to compare any similarities and differences to an existing edition of NME including Florence Welsh in which I previously annotated;
This post represents evidence in the depth of my research and exploration of the “stereotypical” image in which my niche market would be .

This post presents my own creation of members of my target audience, based on my research.
Target Audience by sandhyagulsin on GoAnimate
This video as posted on my blog, was my creation of a typical member of my Target audience.
Video Maker - Powered by GoAnimate.
This video as posted on my blog, was my creation of a typical member of my Target audience.
Video Maker - Powered by GoAnimate.
The JICNAR Scale (Joint Industry Committee for National Readership Surveys) The table below represents a scale in which Media producers use in order to help identify and target a specific demographic. The are six elements to the scale and are identified as follows:
My aimed audience would be C2 and D
In order to further identify if my magazine is successful in attracting the audience in which I identified from my research and planning. I presented my target audience with the Final completion of my Magazine and asked them a series of questions. The results are shown below.
No comments:
Post a Comment